photo website_zpsf15f51e8.png

Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Romantic Home Made Tutu Skirt

To be honest I am a little shy to show you this post.

Sometimes when you reached a certain age; things are not so sure as it used to be. But I wanted to show the semi tutu skirt that I created. So here we go.....!
I was always love fashion since young age and lived in Jakarta, Indonesia. And I still do. It is hard not to when you live in the most fashionable city in the world like New York right?. But I must admit that my tone of fashion has calmed down a little. I prefer wearing a classic and elegant pieces. Something easy to mix and match; usually pants, jeans, top, blazer and simple button down shirt.

I think older woman can still be fashionable and stylish looking as long as it goes with her age and shape of body as well. I always been a small person. And I do not gain a lot of weight since I was in my 20s or 30s. Although it changed a little {I can't avoid this, unfortunately! Aren't we all!}

Well, as  a Pinterest addict; I have what I called 'Fashion Inspiration' board {here}. On the board I have several 'tutu skirt' tutorials. I love the look of these gorgeous ladies in their tutu skirts. So I went on a quest to create a tutu skirt on my own. Actually, my mother gave me her engagement dress that similar to these tutu skirts. It was made out of a tulle & tafetta. But it was a long time a go. And I did not know what has happened to that dress.I wish I had kept it because from what I remember it was beautiful.

Anyway, I struggled  following the tutorial (here). In the end I did not follow the tutorial. My mother has thought me how to make a simple pencil skirt many years a go. So I still remember although I have stopped making skirt for quite some time now. And that was how I made this skirt.

This skirt is not perfect as mentioned earlier it has been a long time since I sewn a skirt.  I will make a perfect one in the future. I am planning to make different colors of tulle tutu skirts next time. I think they are fun to wear to any occasion.

Complete tutorial on how I made this 'tutu skirt', here!






Do you see the beaded clutch on the left? It's a DIY beaded vintage clutch by me. I will post about it sometime in the future.

As you can see; I am not good when it comes to photograph people. I need a lesson from a professional on this area. I asked Steven my husband to help shoot me. But even he doesn't know about photography at all. So as I was posing I also thought him  on how to use the camera at the same time. That particular day was super hot and I was melting and sweat dripping down from the top of my head down to my cheek. It was not fun at all. Anyways, we did it so fast and eager to go home and got out from the out door heat. 
And oh, this is Steven's cousin's home at West Hampton, New York. They were not home when we did the shooting. With their permission we were only used the guest house for me to change and the back yard where the swimming pool is to do the shoot.


I found these feathers on the ground when we were taking these photos. I am into bird's feathers these days.




I hope you are having a fantastic week so far.
Thank you for stopping by!

Linked to:
Style Elixir 
Perfectly Coutured 
The Life of The Party

6 comments:

  1. You look beautiful in your skirt. take care, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that skirt! I just ordered a tulle skirt this weekend and can't for it to be delivered! Thanks for sharing your look with Three-fer Thursday :)
    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skirt! I am completely obsessed with tulle! Also, the clutch is adorable!

    xoxo- Joelle @countrylivinginheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this skirt! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting, I'll be following yours now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your skirt,beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!